SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Set a goal of how many people you are going to reach out to and make a list of names and contact info. Give yourself a timeline to keep on track. Remember to follow up. It may take more than one reach out to receive a response.
If they say no... That's ok! There are plenty of other ways to get involved.
- Attend a Big Ambassador meeting.
- Talk to people you know who you think would be successful Bigs and provide them with information on how they can get involved. You can share our BE A BIG pamphlet.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and share our posts with your social network.
- Post and share program info on your social media accounts.
- Participate in a short video interview with staff to share your personal story, that we can share on our website and social media accounts.
- Send a recruitment mailing or email to your contact list.
- Have coffee with a friend and chat about the program.
- Present information to a group (work, church, college, civic organizations, etc.)
- Invite a BBBS staff member to present to a group that you are associated with.
- Organize and invite your friends and family to a fun outing, a dine and donate or game night that both helps raise funds for the program and gives you the opportunity to increase awareness for our mission.